Wednesday, July 13, 2011

30 weeks 3 days

I had another appointment with my perinatologist today.

Baby is doing GREAT. His weight on ultrasound was 3lbs 3oz, putting him in the 33rd percentile, which is up from the 26th percentile that he was two weeks ago. That news is such a relief!

He's moving lots, getting his practice breaths in, and his little bladder is full again too....thus all the hiccups I've been feeling from him (including right this minute LOL)

Thankfully, with the help of http://spinningbabies.com/ I was able to get him turned around again. He's no longer in the breech position and is now head down. Hopefully he stays that way, because I'm really tired of standing on my head. And I pulled my butt muscle doing it. Let me tell you though, I'd rather pull my gluteus maximus 10 times over, than have to go through an c-section ANY day!!

The peri wants me to be seen twice weekly now. I'll be seeing him once, and Dr Holley, my OB, for the other visit.

Starting tonight I have to increase my insulin by two more units. Not a big deal considering I'm going to be at 16 units and some women are at around 200 units for the entire DAY.

My blood pressure is up, but it is not at such a concerning level that he feels the need to increase my meds yet. They are going to set me up with someone that comes out to the house a couple times a week to take my blood pressure so I can be monitored more closely. For now, I just have to deal with the headaches and the swelling again for a little while.

My weight still looks great, I actually lost two pounds since my last visit. This puts me at a 13 pound baby gain, but I'm still at a 29lb loss for the entire pregnancy. Literally, my physical profile from week 22 compared to week 29, hasn't even changed. I don't look any more pregnant now, than I did then.



Both doctors now agree that a 37 week induction is the game plan with me having diabetes, high blood pressure and a history of large babies, even at 39 weeks. This means that I now have LESS THAN SEVEN WEEKS before baby will be here. And I'm ready. I've got everything I need now. The diaper bag is stocked, the diaper caddy is ready. He's got enough clothes washed, dried, folded and put away to last him the first three months, then I will have to pull some more boxes out and probably buy a few more things. But I am ready. Clear down to q-tips, gauze and vasoline.

I started taking my Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) last night orally. Hopefully I will be all ready to go cervically when induction time comes. In LESS THAN SEVEN WEEKS.

I started (and finished) baby's first blanket and layette set this last week. It's a soft blue color that daddy picked out. I picked up some white the other day and I completed the sweater for set number two and just started on the blanket for it last night.



Oh, and for the record, NO we have not officially decided on his name yet. But we do have a couple of serious options on the table and just need to nail down exact one we are going to use.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad you are doing well- where did you find the pattern for the layette set- I love it and would love to do one :) Do you have a book of patterns?

The Baby's Momma said...

Me too!

I don't really use patterns anymore. I've been crochetting so long that I just free hand for the most part and what I don't freehand, I modify LOL. The hat is just a generic Double Crochet, with an alternating front and back post for the rippled fold. The blanket is a V-stitch with a double scallop edging. The sweater was free hand in double crochet with a single crochet edging.

The diaper cover was modified off of a pattern.... Here:
http://withatangledskein.blogspot.com/2008/02/crochet-wrap-pattern.html

And the booties were a pair of girl booties with a ribbon that I modified a little bit to make them into boy booties. They came out of one of my booties books. Those are literally the only books I have. I do try and pick up the freebie patterns in the stores though, because I like the color patterns and want to use them for myself, but not always the blanket styles LOL

Jenn said...

Thanks! The diaper cover is so cute and thats the one I really want to try - I have patterns for other things or similar I guess. I havent been crocheting for long so I cant free hand it- I think its so cool that you do. I tried booties for a friend- disaster so now I am trying a different pattern lol. Thanks for the share :)