Friday, February 25, 2011

10 DAYS!!!

I am currently 10 weeks and 1 day into my pregnancy today.

It has been two weeks since my last OB appointment. I have lost three pounds in that time. Bringing me down a total of 34lbs from my long running pre-pregnancy weight.

I got a letter from my doctor today to put in my carry-on, stating my pregnancy due date and my diabetic status so that I don't have any problems carrying my testing supplies (or a healthy snack) on the plane when we fly to Austin, TX in 10 days.

(TEN DAYS. OMFG. I cannot believe how fast all of this is happening!!!)

The doctor has prescribed me some medication that I need to pick up tomorrow, an anti-nausea med and some heartburn medication for our trip, just in case I need it. (I am already needing it. Stomach acid=Breakfast of Champions!!!) She also confirmed for me that I am allowed to take benadryl, which is a huge relief for me because it does a great job in helping me sleep!!

She has also ordered a 24 hour urine collect, because I'm dumping protein into my urine already. The same thing happened during my last pregnancy, but I'm trying not to get too concerned about it.

We checked the heartbeat via ultrasound to confirm that baby is still viable. I couldn't see the monitor but she said everything was good.

I will spend a few days next week calling around to a few OB clinics in Austin to try and find someone that will take my insurance. Hopefully it is a mostly painless process.

I still cannot believe that it's only 10 days before we are in Texas and looking for a place to live. Keep your fingers crossed that we find something inexpensive and still in a nice area!!!

0 comments: